You can temporarily prevent your callers from leaving messages in your mailbox. As a courtesy to your callers, you should record a temporary greeting that provides details of your absence and tells callers what to do.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 7 for Block Messages.
- Turn the message blocking on or off:
- To turn it on all the time, press 1
- To turn it off, press 2
- To block your messages only when a temporary greeting is in effect, press 3
- Decide how to handle callers:
- To allow callers to speak to the custom operator you assigned, press 1
- To have callers disconnected after your greeting, press 2