In some situations you might identify you need to create a separate document library that resides outside your OneDrive for Business folder.
Office 365 allows you to accomplish this task in just a few steps:
- First, login to here.
- Then, on the top right corner the page click on the settings icon and select "Add an app" from the drop down menu.
- Then, click on the "Document Library" app icon listed under Noteworthy.
- On the popup menu, type a name for your library (avoid including spaces), and click create.
- Then on the top right corner of your newly added library click on the three dots to change its settings.
- Then, click on the “library tab” of the newly created library and then click on “library Settings”
- Then click on Permissions for this document library.
- Then click on "Stop Inheriting Permissions" and click ok.
- By default Everyone except external users will have access to this library for collaboration purposes.
- However, if the use case requires differently, you can check this group and remove as needed. Then, click "OK" on the confirmation box and you're all set with permissions.
- To access the newly created library click on your recent items list.Click on Sync, if you would like to sync with your computing device.