It is the Information Owner’s role to convey that security is everyone’s job and to ensure security strategies are in place at all times. Information Owners set the tone for a security-minded environment. Security is comprised of the behaviors of people, business processes, and technological controls. The University of North Texas System has established an Information Security Regulation and Handbook, based upon Texas Administrative Code requirements, which states that information owners must protect their data.
The Information Ownership Guide sets forth the responsibilities of information owners. The documents below apply to all information owners at the University of North Texas System member institutions and System Administration. If you have been designated as an information owner, please take a moment to review and be familiar with these documents.
Information Owners Required Reading:
- UNT System Information Security Handbook
- 1 Texas Administrative Code 202.72
- UNT System Information Security Regulation
- UNT System Information Security Policy
- UNT Information Security Policy
- UNT Dallas Information Security Policy
- UNT Health Science Center Information Security Policy
- UNT System Information Security Team
- UNT System IT Policies and Standards