McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8i software is available for free for to students, faculty and staff with a valid EUID.
Microsoft Windows Requirements:
- AMD or Intel processor running at a minimum of 1GHz
- 1GB of RAM
- Minimum 2GB free disk space
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.7.0 : OS X 10.7 to 10.10
- Apple Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) to 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Intel®-based Macintosh
- 1gb RAM
- (Windows Only) Download the McAfee Stinger program and run it to check for any existing virus infections on your computer
- Remove any existing virus scanning products (Norton, PC-cillin, clamAV, F-secure, etc)
- Download the latest updates for VirusScan (which it should do by default)
By Downloading McAfee VirusScan you agree to the following:
- Neither UNT System nor McAfee offer technical support for VirusScan products distributed by UNT System. McAfee's help pages provide limited support.
- UNT System is not responsible for any undesirable results from installing or using this product.
To download McAfee VirusScan, select the operating system type, click on the download button, and a prompt will appear for you to enter your EUID and password. After entering your password, the download will automatically start.
Check your browser's default save location for the software if you passed authentication but don't see the file.
Select the type of McAfee AntiVirus you wish to download:
Your username and password are passed through a secure link (https), despite this page's URL appearing insecure (http).
Don't know your EUID?
Don't know your password?
Contact your campus helpdesk with questions or problems.
UNT UIT Helpdesk:
UNT HSC Helpdesk:
UNT Dallas Helpdesk:
UNT System Service Desk: