The Mission of the Telecommunication division is to provide telecommunication management and services (as appropriate) to faculty, staff, students, patients, and the general public; provide technical guideance and support for telecommunications programs; provide end-user training and assistance in the use of telecommunication products throughout UNT Health Science Center.
- Coordinate and advise all departments on current telecommunications technologies and needs.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform all telephone service adds, moves, and changes at UNTHSC facilities.
- Process and produce telecommunications services (telephones, cellular services, pagers) for each department.
- Administer and coordinate pager services including activations, exchanging non-working pagers, terminating service on rentals, spare pagers, and parts for minor repairs.
- Administer and coordinate HSC approved, paid and supported, cellular/wireless telephone and laptop internet air cards including activiations, deactivations, support, accessories, and billing.
- Provide front lobby (EAD Atrium) reception and switchboard operations Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (excluding designated holidays). This includes maintaing status of and providing services for key personnel and students.
- Maintain and update the HSC intra-net web based version of the UNTHSC telephone directory.
- Provide telephone, voice mail, cellular services, and pager training to UNTHSC employees.
- Provide system administration for the main HSC telephone system. This includes support and maintenance of system software and hardware.
- Administer and coordinate voice mail services for HSC main campus which includes all adds, changes, training and maintenance.
- Administer and coordinate Automatic Call Distribution services for the HSC main campus which includes management, service, and support for ACD software and hardware.
Mobile Phone and Data Plan Allowance
*New changes coming to the telecom customer service portal for billing and telephone related services. Stay tuned for more details!
Contact HSC Telecommunications Office
Gibson D. Lewis Library, Suite 108