Providers and UNT System Employee Discounts
Get information on employee cellphone discount eligibility programs.
Telephone Use, Ethics, and Reimbursement Policies
Each university within the UNT System has its own policy regarding cellphones, telephones, fax machines, wireless devices, and data plan allowances.
University of North Texas policies:
- UNT 05.015 Ethics and Standards of Conduct
- UNT 14.006 Use of University Non-Wireless and Wireless Telephones, Telephone Lines, Fax Machines and Personal Computing Devices
UNT Health Science Center policies:
UNT at Dallas policies:
- 05.007 Employee Ethics and Standards of Employee Conduct
- 05.034 Cellular Communication Devices and Services
UNT System Administration policies:
- 02.1000 Use of System Phones, Phone Lines, Fax Machines and Computers for E-Mail for Reasons Other than Official System Business
- 03.701 Ethics and Standards of Conduct
New Cellphone Request Form
Cellphones and related services are only available to departments within the university system. A valid department identification number is required.
Form must be complete and include the department head’s name and signature and the dean or vice-president’s name and signature.
Problems, Plan Changes, and Upgrades for University Phones
All university-owned cellphones come with a one-year warranty. If your university phone is broken or worn out, you can request a new phone through ServiceNow.
If you want to change your cellphone plan or upgrade your university phone, submit a ServiceNow ticket. Please note that cellphones and plan pricing may change. The university is not eligible for rebates, internet specials, family plans, or multiple line deals on cellphones. All cellphone allowances are processed via electronic payroll action request (ePAR).
Address any questions about this page or contact the department: firstname.lastname@example.org