Telecommunications, within the UNT System IT Shared Services Communications and Collaboration Services organization, is located in Discovery Park in Denton, Texas. Major emphasis is put on providing the most economical and reliable voice and unified communications offered in an evolving technological environment. Service offerings extend to UNT System and University entities in Denton, Dallas and Fort Worth. Communications Analysis, Planning, Design, Facilities Infrastructure Installation and Development, and operations including customer service and operator assistance are among the various services.
The Telecommunications group provides support for the following services :
- Land Line Voice Communications
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Unified Communications
- Audio Conferencing
- Long Distance
- Cell Phones (University-Owned)
- Calling Cards
- Campus Directories
- Information Operator Services
- Voice and Data wiring installation and repair (Copper and Fiber)
- Voice and Data infrastructure estimates, planning, engineering and project management for new buildings and renovations.
- Wide Area Network Circuits Connectivity (WAN)
- Campus Local Area Network Infrastructure Connectivity (LAN)
- Campus Wireless Network Infrastructure Connectivity
- Data Center Networks Infrastructure Connectivity
- Video Conferencing Network Infrastructure Connectivity
- Billing (Interdepartmental Cost Share for all Communications Services)
- Purchasing (All Communications Services and Equipment)
- Invoice Payment Approval (All Communications Services and Equipment)
- Coordinates with all Communications Services Providers for ordering, provisioning, Installation, maintenance, trouble, and investigation of new products and services.
Requests for additions, moves, changes to service and trouble reporting can be submitted through the Telecommunications Customer Service Center.
If you have any questions or comments regarding Telecommunications or this website, you may contact the department at: firstname.lastname@example.org