This site is designed to provide, in one place, the key resources needed to learn about the EIS system. Training content seen within this site will contain the following features:Online Tutorials
provide the opportunity to see and practice key processes in a simulated UPK environment. If you are new to the UPK Player, click here for a brief tutorial. (You will be prompted for your Enterprise login to view topics from this page.)
- New Enterprise Information System (EIS) User Orientation Audience: New Faculty & Staff About this course: This introductory course details the basic functionality of the UNT System's (UNTS) Enterprise Information System (EIS). The course focuses on navigation of the EIS administrative systems using PeopleSoft's web-based interface. The audience for this course includes staff and faculty who use EIS to perform university-related administration tasks.
- EIS Employee Self Service Audience: New Faculty & Staff About this course: This topic demonstrates self service functionality available to employees through the Human Resources tab on my.unt.edu and will include how to: View W-2s online (consent is required) Update direct deposit account information Manage your W-4, federal income tax withholding settings Search and enroll in training courses offered through UNT System institutions - UNT, UNT HSC, and UNT System Add professional development courses taken outside UNT System institutions View and update additional personal information
- EIS Manager Self Service Audience: Faculty and Staff Supervisors About this course: Managers have the ability to review a wide range of information about their employees and their direct reports. Information available includes: Current Job Information such as Job title, Department name, and Location Home and mailing addresses Email addresses Phone numbers Emergency contacts Birthday Languages Training history which includes courses taken inside and outside of the UNT System Education Licenses and certificates Compensation history
- EIS FInance Query Basics Audience: Faculty and Staff Who Use EIS to Query Financials Data About this course: This course details the query functionality for the University of North Texas System (UNTS) Enterprise Information System (EIS). The specific focus of the course is on using the PeopleSoft web-based interface to query production data. The audience for this course includes staff and faculty who use EIS to perform university-related administration tasks. (Prerequisite is "Introduction to EIS" tutorial.)
- EIS Reports To Audience: Faculty & Staff Supervisors and Administrative Staff About this course: This course instructs departmental administrative staff on assigning Direct Reports to Supervisors within EIS.
EIS Time and Labor for UNTAudience:
- Departmental Timekeepers
About the course:
- Topics provide detailed instruction on how to enter time worked and/or leave utilized through UNTS Time and Labor for all Salaried and Hourly Employees.
provide the opportunity to view and/or print processes in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format. Introduction to EIS (Audience: New Faculty & Staff) EIS Employee Self Service (Audience: New Faculty & Staff) EIS Manager Self Service (Audience: Faculty & Staff Supervisors) EIS Reports To (Audience: Faculty & Staff Supervisors and Administrative Staff) EIS Time and Labor for UNT(Audience: Departmental Timekeepers) Additional Resources provides resources for information not included in the Online Tutorials.